Monday, May 1, 2017

Stitches United Show

Stitches United Show

A couple of friends and I went down to Hartford, CT this weekend to the Stitches United Show.  What a lovely way to spend the day. Would definitely do this show again.  I really thought an event like that would be super crowded but it wasn't.  We had such a great time.  It's a combination quilt show/knitting show although there aren't actually quilts on display like at a regular quilt show.  It's mostly vendors and classes in a really nice facility (CT Convention Center).  The vendors are for both quilters and knitters and if you do both like me, it's a win win :).  Weavers would have been very happy at this show too.   Not a pink hat in sight which I found incredible given the location.  The known in your face liberal vendors were avoided.  I won a door prize.  It was a set of 10 Clover crochet hooks with soft grip handles.  I don't crochet (well I do but not very well and I don't enjoy it) so I'll give them to a friend who can put them to good use.  

I thought the prices on the kits for the most part were very high (with a few exceptions).  On numerous occasions we would have liked to buy a sweater pattern but it was unavailable unless you were willing to also spend $159 to $170 on the kit so we just took a pass. The indy dyer yarns were gorgeous. The Fade shawl was all the rage.  The samples in the booths were inspiring and got the creative juices flowing for all of us.  I'm in the mood to make a funky sweater with a bit of novelty yarns now :).  My new favorite Etsy shop is Stunning String Studios.  Her kits were gorgeous and reasonably priced and came with a matching themed stitch maker. Her booth was DARLING.  I bought her Afloat kit in patriotic/nautical colors and so did my friend Linda.  It's darling and I have a short sleeve Navy blue dress that it will match perfectly.  WEBS was there and the booth was packed.  We avoided the booth and left more room for the folks who don't have the luxury of living driving distance from Webs.  

The next yarny event is the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool 🐑 Festival.....hoping it's a sunny nice day for it :)




No comments: