Saturday, April 8, 2017

Girl From the Grocery Store Shawl


I joined a KAL rather late into the game but I managed to crank out the project in less than 5 days including time to block and dry it.  The pattern is called Girls From the Grocery Store by Joji Locatelli.  The yarn was dyed by my friend Holly.  Her business, Fish Belly Fiber Works, is on Etsy. Her yarn is amazing.  The photos don't do it justice.  These colors are cancan and oatmeal. I prefer taking the pictures outside with more natural lighting but it's so windy out right now.  My friend Shannon got me 4 skeins of this lusciousness for Christmas :). The little progress markers were made by my friend Faith.  She is "Distracted Knitter" on Etsy and Instagram.  






2 comments:

Rhiannon Bublitz said...

Wow, what pretty yarn! Whuch yarn is the rasberry color?

Celtic Heart said...

That yarn was dyed by my friend Holly Kennedy. Her Etsy shop is named Fish Belly Fiber Works. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FishBellyFiberWorks. The raspberry color is called "Cancan" and I used her tributary base. The off white is the same base in her "Oatmeal" color. The picture really doesn't do it justice. The subtle changes in the colors are amazing and it is really, really soft.