Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Memory Bear from a One-Zie Outfit

Made this for a friend.  Her son died last year and this was one of his outfits when he was little.  She wanted me to turn it into a memory bear.  Totally nerve wrecking project because if I screwed it up there was no going back to buy more fabric and try again.   I based the bear on a pattern by Homespun At Heart patterns called Beary Patches (copyright 1995 so this one has been in my stash for a while.)  I wouldn't have had enough for a bigger bear. This little guy is only about 10" tall.  The only things I had to add to the project were the plastic eyes, the pompon, the brown muzzle furry fabric and the polyfil.  The nose is a metal covered button.  It took me longer to figure out what I wanted to do than to actually do it.  He goes in the mail tomorrow :) She's seen it already in pictures and she loves it :). 



No comments: