Monday, February 22, 2016

Irish Skinny Hiking Scarf

Irish Hiking Scarf I made out of Cascade 220 wool (approximately 1 1/4 skeins).  Here's the link to the free pattern. 

http://smiley-netta.blogspot.com/2012/10/skinny-irish-hiking-scarf.html. There is also another version of a wider Irish hiking scarf on Ravelry too that has three cables and all front twisting.  I'm working on one of those now in a heathered hunter green.  

This would be a great pattern if you were new to doing cables.  They all twist the same way and there's only one to keep track of.  

I blocked mine (because I love blocking) and it turned out to be approx. 5" wide (90" long...I probably could have stopped sooner).  



The propane tank to fire up the gas fireplace in the "blocking room"....oops I mean the formal living room....went down a little quicker this month...Gee I wonder why that happened :) 

No comments: