Friday, February 5, 2016

Homemade Lemoncello

I made a batch of homemade Lemoncello using some Tennessee moonshine, the zest of 20 lemons, a simple sugar syrup and about 4 months time wrapped in an old towel sitting on a shelf in a dark cold basement. Finished it last night.  This will warm you up from the tip of your nose to the tips of your toes on a cold night. That is for sure!!    Holy cow!!!  A friend suggested in the summer you pour a little over chipped ice.  Not sure if that will cool you off or you just won't care that you're hot anymore.  Another suggested serving a little bit over a plain sherbert or vanilla ice cream.  I bought some prettier bottles so I could give it as gifts but when I went to wash them, I found the label that said not for food purposes.  That's okay.....I have other plans for them :)

No comments: