Sunday, January 10, 2016

Knit From Your Stash Sock KAL January Sock

Vanilla sock no pattern. Reinforced Dutch/Square heel and tried a different toe decrease.  Like the Dutch/Square heel but not too thrilled with the toe decrease. I'm in a stash busting sock knitting KAL for 2016.  You brown bag 12 skeins of sock yarn/yarns and once a month, grab a bag and knit whatever is in it.  This was the first sock for January.  I don't like Kroy sock yarn or pretty much most of the Joann's and Michael's sock yarns so they are in the bags and ready to be moved out.  The black was a little tough on the eyes especially at night but I'm happy with how they turned out.  I alternated every row on the cuff between the solid black and the variegated.  I wasn't sure I had enough to do the entire sock that way so I stopped at the cuff and then picked up the striping at the beginning of the toe decreases.    Not sure who is getting these.  I'm estimating they are a size 7 1/2 to 8.  Moving on to some quilt tops I'm finishing and moving out :). Should be posting one in the next two weeks.  

No comments: