Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Elsa "Frozen" Cocktail

I like to make a special festive holiday cocktail for Christmas and New Year's. Chick drinks for when my home girls visit :). I pretty much pick them based on how pretty they are.  For one event it was the "Cherry Bomb" a pretty reddish pink.  This year I saw this on Pinterest.  The most difficult part was finding the blue raspberry vodka.  It probably would have been easier if I infused some of my backyard raspberries with plain regular vodka. Eventually the man at the liquor store found a bottle of blue raspberry vodka for me :). Ursula brand with polar bears on the label.   I wasn't sure exactly which "sour mix" to use because it comes in powder and liquid so I tried the powdered version. It worked.

2 oz. Blue Raspberry Vodka. 
1 oz. sour mix
1 oz. clear regular Vodka
Blue crushed candy canes (I used green)

Add a bunch of ice and blend.  

Top with crushed, preferably blue, candy cane and then "let it go, let it go" :) 

  

  

No comments: