Friday, November 6, 2015

Getting my Fa La La On

So today I started my Christmas preparations officially.  I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet but I get off really easy this year for Thanksgiving.  I don't have to clean, cook or entertain.  I just need to show up and make my sweet potato casserole :)

I've already knitted a couple of presents. Two of the quilts are done.  The finished gifts are in the "staging area" of the "Christmas Command Post" (previously known as the pantry).  I also put up a Christmas tree in the command post.  Before anyone gets their tinsel in a tangle, it's a very small tree...so it doesn't count :)  I convince myself every year that I can do Christmas better, bigger, merrier and more festive than the previous year.  I'm basically Clark "Sparky" Griswold in yoga pants and Uggs and I make no apologies for it :)  
So today I went through a couple of hundred of the following:
1)  Christmas cookbooks,  
2)  Christmas knitting books and magazines
3)  Christmas decorating books and magazines
4) ,Christmas counted Cross Stitch books, magazines and patterns
5)  Christmas Quilting books/patterns and 
6)  Christmas doll patterns.  Santas, reindeers, angels, snowmen...the whole gang is here.  

I've stuck Post Its to all of this year's potential ideas while listening to Christmas music and burning a Christmas Cookie candle.....in 70 degree weather.  Work with me Mother Nature.  I'm trying to get my Fa La La on :) . Dragging out all of this stuff makes me happy and we're going to have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas ever.  Fa la la la la :)




No comments: