Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Raspberry Pie Fillling

I'm winding down with the canning. Yesterday we hauled approx. 191 jars down to the basement and put them on the shelves.  Some of the stuff has to be kept in the fridge.  I can see the dining room table again :) 

I only have approximately 3 gallons of raspberries and blackberries in the freezer to do something with.  There's also a bag of shredded zucs that I can use to make zuc bread when the weather gets a little cooler.  Yesterday I made 4 jars of raspberry pie filling. For the first time I used a product called "Clear Jel" which gives the raspberries the pie filling consistency. It turned out good. The recipe suggests a 1" head space.  I did that and the jar overflowed and didn't seal the first time.  I had to take out more and reboil.  Then it sealed fine.  A friend also told me about another website with canning recipes.  Here's the link:  http://www.sbcanning.com



No comments: