Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Chili Sauce

Yesterday I used up between 8 to 10 lbs. of tomatoes, a couple of our onions and green peppers to make 1.625 gallons of chili sauce.  I found the recipe in the book "Small Batch Preserving" by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard.  I doubled the recipe.  I also found the recipe on this lady's blog.  Here is the link:   http://comehomeforsupper.blogspot.ca/2007/09/grandmas-chili-sauce.html  I still have tons of tomatoes out in the garden on completely leaf less plants.

I forgot to buy the peaches and pears and totally didn't feel like running to the grocery store to get them so I dug up a bag of frozen peaches from the bottom of the freezer and had two cans of peaches     in the basement pantry.  It took hours to make.  Thank goodness for the Kitchenaid food processer or I'd still be out there chopping.  Jar count as of today:  Approx. 114 (I gave a couple away and can't remember how many.)





No comments: