Friday, July 31, 2015

Round Three of Zucchini Salsa

This is the same recipe I always use.  It can be found on Food.com  This time I added 3 jalapenos instead of 2 and was lucky enough to have three growing in the garden so I didn't have to buy any.  I'm up to 27 jars of this stuff so far.  Today I have to work on something pickle-y :)  My "Joy of Pickling" cookbook arrived in the mail yesterday.  :) When the tomatoes start turning, I'm going to be clobbered with them.  The plum tree which did horrible last year is so loaded with plums that the branches are starting to bend over.  The deer for some reason are leaving the apple trees alone this year.  Unfortunately we have a brazen coyote that I think is living in the back of the property and may have friends or babies with him/her.  I went out on the back deck the other day at around 8 p.m. and it was casually passing through the backyard.  Didn't run when I yelled at it.  I started to run toward it and it   took off running.  I wish it would just go away before my backyard turns into a scene from Dances with Wolves.  I know it can't get into the chicken coop.  It can't even get under it.  There's wire buried all around it and the coop and run are totally enclosed but when you have  an 8 lb. dog that could be confused for an appetizer.......yeah I wish it would go away.  The hunter camera picked up this picture of it......it's a lot bigger than scrawny California coyotes.

No comments: