Saturday, May 30, 2015

Cranachan Recipe


My sister in law and I are big fans of the Outlander series and tonight is the season one finale.  She gave me a Scottish dessert recipe ffor Cranachan. It uses 2 T. of honey and 2 T. of whiskey.  She's making it too down at her house.  

Here's the recipe:  http://outlanderkitchen.com/2014/09/17/cranachan-outlander-starz-episode-107-wedding/

I was going to make a chicken and mushroom pie also a Scottish recipe but our kitchen is in the middle of getting all the appliances changed....so that can wait for another day.
 P.S.  Made it....and ....umm......not good.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I did something wrong.  Maybe I under-whipped it?  Over-whipped it?  Or maybe I should have just used Cool Whip?  But definitely prettier than it tastes.  


No comments: