Monday, May 25, 2015

Linen Stitch Scarf


Cast on 450 stitches ............. What?????????  But I really liked the store sample so here I go....It's a linen stitch scarf using Koigu merino.  I'm already thinking Christmas.  I was at the Patternworks yarn shop in NH yesterday and they had a lovely sample in the shop.  It was this linen stitch scarf in a very  subtle mauve color.  The drape was NICE!!! The whole thing was just beautiful. So I went with the subtle look.  I bought a semi-solid gray, another with a denim blue combintion and a third that pulled together a gray, brown and denim blue. The lady in the shop said she did one in completely unrelated colors and it turned out beautiful. A great idea for using up those bits and pieces of left over sock yarns. I'm giving it a try in these three colors. I did only 6 rows while I watched/listened to the Bolts-Rangers game last night.  Might as well watch hockey while I can....my boys have been on the golf course for weeks now :(  Did I mention 450 stitches in one row?  The pattern is tedious and semi-brainless but I love the woven look.  What I'm wondering is this......If every row starts with a loose tail and ends with a loose tail on circular needles......do we really need the purl row or could some how the knit rows be modified to give the same look?  I know I've only done 6 rows and I'm already looking for an easier way to do this...but did I mention 450 stitches :)  


No comments: