Monday, March 9, 2015

Irish Baking Contest

I'm entering an Irish Baking Contest on Wednesday.  So today I went searching for a recipe.  Wanted something a little more difficult than boring old Irish Soda Bread.  Well I found one.  It was a bit work intensive.  Here is the link to the recipe I used:  Irish Apple Cake with Irish Whiskey Caramel Sauce.  You are suppose to serve it warm...but the contest is 39 miles away so that isn't going to happen.  http://lemon-sugar.com/2013/03/irish-apple-cake.html 

At one point when you are making the sauce, you add the Jameson's and then set it on fire.  Oh my stars I thought that fire was NEVER going to go out.  My sugar never turned an amber color but it still tasted really really good.  Wish me luck :)  I'll keep you posted :)  I'm making the cake for the contest tomorrow night.  This one was just a test :)




2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Looks delicious!

Celtic Heart said...

Thanks Dorothy :) Made the second cake today and deliver it tomorrow :)