Friday, February 20, 2015

Kelly Green Shoulder Cowl

Update:  Kristy the designer liked my version of her cowl enough to put it on her pattern page on Ravelry :)  This is the 14th time a pattern designer has asked me permission to use my picture on her pattern page.  :)

Finished this while watching the Bruins lose to Edmonton in a shoot out.  My boys just can't catch a break :(  Staying up for those West Coast games is brutal but at least I got this done :) Blocked it yesterday.  I like the pattern.  It calls for a 9" neck which is too long for me.  I'm not Alice in Wonderland or part of the long neck people of Thailand. Maybe my yarn (a worsted/Aran Decadent Fibers Cookie Dough in kelly green) was not soft enough to lay nice scrunched up. That could be it too.  Maybe now is the time I deserve to buy myself cashmere yarn??  Okay let's not get crazy :)  Anyway I like the pattern!!  I'm going to make another one. I will make the neck shorter, probably go up a needle size and make the faux cabled bottom edge longer.  I bound off with an i-cord bind off.  The pattern has fun possibilities....fair isle on the top, switch up the patterns for the bottom, use up scraps of whatever since it is knit in the ground.  I'll take a better picture of it when it warms up.  It's -7 out there without the wind chill right now.

Here's the link to the pattern:)
http://auntekristy.blogspot.com/2014/03/free-knitting-pattern-soft-shoulder-cowl.html

Below is the picture from her pattern.  It's gorgeous!  Now my purple people (you know who you are) are going to want me to make them one :)

No comments: