Sunday, May 18, 2014

Interweave Event at Manchester, NH

Went to the Interweave knitting event at Manchester, NH for a little while yesterday just to check out the vendors.  Maybe some day my knitting skills will be worth the price of their classes but right now I can honestly and without shame say, they are not. :)  I saw this scarf in the Adirondack Yarn booth (http://www.adirondackyarns.com/)  and just fell in love with it.  Yes I asked permission to take the picture in the booth and I bought the kit :)  The picture does not do it justice.  It's gorgeous!  It uses 3 skeins of Louet Gems fingering weight yarn and l skein of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino.  I bought the steel gray just like the model and picked another color of the Koigu.  The very nice lady in the booth recommended picking two very high contrast colors so that the leaf rows really pop.  The pattern is Leftie by Martina Behm.  Martina is the same lady that designed the Hitchhiker scarf.  I love her stuff! Here's the link on Ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/leftie  

Had to start it last night :)



No comments: