Sunday, August 4, 2013

So excited....

We're getting a new addition to the family.  Zoeye.  She's a 1 1/2 yr. old mutt (Norfolk Terrier/Yorkshire Terrier Yorkie). Only 7.5 lbs.   Mutts are the best!  Personally I'd rather rescue a dog than give money to a breeder.  Pedigree means nothing to me.   Can you believe somebody stuffed this little thing into a night time drop box at a bank?  Well as of next Saturday she'll have a good home and her choice of quilts to lay on :)  If you are looking to rescue a dog, consider petfinder.com.  Zoeye was saved from a kill shelter by Love Handlers Animal Sanctuary in the Smokey Mountains in TN. They will put her on an animal transport semi and we pick her up in Maine Saturday afternoon :) This is going to be the longest week ever.    

1 comment:

Beth said...

she looks SO SWEET! And I am saying goodbye to my best buddy! Erin is home from her deployment, so she will be here on Friday to pick up Chewy. I hope I dont' cry till she is gone! (he DOES hog all the foot room in the bed...and he IS yappy! lol) Hope the homecoming goes smoothly...