Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Beautiful Day for Thwacking My Home Spun

Sunny, warm and breezy. The perfect day for thwacking my homespun yarn.   Been putting off my thwacking because who wants to spend time around the smell of wet wool but it was gorgeous out the other day so I dunked, swished, squished and thwacked.  Liking the new wheel and I'm getting slightly better at spinning which just elevates me one step above awful.  Joined a fiber of the month club on line.  So I will be getting a monthly fiber surprise in the mail which will force me to spin more often and hopefully getting better at it.  Hey if Rumpelstiltskin can spin straw into gold, I should be able to do something decent with merino :)  You like my "yarn dryer"??? Also works as a firewood ring in the winter time.  In a previous life, it was part of the wheels on an Amish buggy.

No comments: