Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beaded Shawl



Sapphire And Faded Jeans
Crescent Shaped Shawl Pattern
Yarn:  Cascade 220 DK Ultra Pima Paints
 
I accidentally used a needle size too small (3 when I should have been using a 4 or bigger).........so even though it looks big in the lower pictures, it's actually a very small shawl.  Loved the pattern though. It is very well written. Available on Raverly by Pam Jemelian.
Learned the garter tab cast on with this pattern, beading using a crochet hook, and adding an applied or knitted on border pattern.  
Have enough yarn left over to make another one using much bigger size needles.  This one is being mailed to one of my nieces.   I also just finished another version of this pattern using Miss Babs Youza Whatta Skein light worsted wool yarn using a size 6 needle.  It's blocking now but I'll post pictures of that one soon.    







 
 

No comments: