Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Treasure

I was running around doing errands today and popped into an antique store near my house and found this really heavy, densely crocheted, afghan in really pretty colors.  It's a little musty and there is a small pull in it but I think I can get the musty smell out of it by a good washing in the tub with Vintage Soak soap and then fix the pull.  It lays really flat and has almost a felted feel to it.  The blue connector rows are in two different country blues (it's subtle but they are different) and some of the yarns are varigated or maybe hand dyed.  The holes are really small so you won't be catching your big toe in the afghan :) If I owned the store, I'd probably sell it for a lot more than what this lady was selling it for....but who am I to bring it to her attention that $18.00 is a ridiculously low price for something in such great shape and with a beautiful scalloped edge :)  I can't crochet very well but I can recognize beautiful work and whoever made this did a beautiful job :) Thank you "whoever". :)  P.S. I'm not going to get rid of my Google blog.  It's just way too much work but Google if you're out there monitoring me (and you probably are and know what color underwear I'm wearing, I'm just letting you know you annoy the heck out of me and I'll be using Bing for my internet searches from now on)  There I feel better now :)  






No comments: