Monday, March 11, 2013

Old Doll Make Over for St. Paddy's Day

Before:  Body was made in 1996. A Piecemaker's pattern called:  Wildflower.  She was blond but neighborhood kids sort of played with her too much and her hair was wrecked. One of the cats was using her head as a scratching post :(   Her clothes were all faded.  I took off as much of the hair as I could.  Hot glue was hard to get off and there is a hole in her head over her left eye.

Her shoes are still in the works. They are made of felt and have woolen shamrocks on the front.


The clothes were easy to make.  Trying to figure out what to do with the hair was the hard part.  Because of the hot glue stuck on her and the hole she has a low neanderthal forehead....think Geico Caveman :) So bangs were out.  So I sort of went for a Gibson Girl look along with the thick hanging curls the Irish dancers have.  The hair and the head might overwhelm the body a bit but it's better than being bald :)  



5 comments:

Rilly said...

Adorable, and brings back memories of many moons past when I had a similar one as a child. You certainly do beautiful work.

Anneke said...

She got a great make-over. All ready for St Patrick's day! Good job!

Celtic Heart said...

The clothes were fun and easy to make but the hair was a real pain in the butt. At first I was stitching it into her head but the yarn was so thick it was leaving big holes....looked like she had bad hair plugs....then I figured out a way to sew the yarn onto a tear away and hot glue it to her head. I can't take credit for the eyes...One of the girls in the shop I bought the pattern at did the eyes for me....for $3.00 :)

Victoria Webster said...

Your Irish doll has charm and is so adorable!

Victoria Webster said...

Adorable!