Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Old Treasures


My friend Miriam and I went to the Annapolis Quilt Show today. They have a booth that sells items guild members no longer want.  You never know what you will find there.  Miriam tossed me a little baggie and said it looks like something I'd like.  It turned out to be 3 hand crochet collars and a set of crochet cuffs. Sunday is half price day so I got all four items for $3.00 :) Score :) 
I'm not sure what I'll do with them but I'm certain it won't be anything like this :)
Not sure which is the front or back.  I'm going to have to play
with it for a while. 

In my head I know exactly what I want to do with this.  I'm thinking round necked tunic in a taupe color and the neck size will miraculously be the same size as this collar.  :)

 The cuffs are gigantic.  They fit around my upper arm. Somebody did not check her guage when she started her project.  :)    Hmmmmm maybe the top of a pair of socks?? 
Collar #2

Collar #3

Vintage Slip with hand embroidery
And it fits :) 


In the Blogosphere you can add pearls to your
underwear or night gowns and wake up in the morning
with perfect hair :)





No comments: