Monday, January 16, 2012

Knitting Pure and Simple Neckdown Pulover for Women #9724

 I should have this sweater done in a week or so. Using the Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed (worsted weight). Bought a whole bag of this yarn at the Sew Expo Show in Chantilly. My friend Miriam and I were so thrilled to find a knitting store vender who had this huge vat of bagged yarns at a SEWING expo :)  I think one or both of us may have fallen in ...but what a way to go :)  It's a blend of wool, alpaca and Donegal. 278 yards per skein. I'm on the 3rd skein finishing up the bottom and will probably need 2 more to finish up the sleeves. Easy pattern...brainless. Sure hope it fits me.  I've been wanting to make a nice fall sweater and this color will be fun to wear when there is a nip in the air, the leaves are turning colors and my hair is in a red mood :)   

What the sweater looks like on the pattern


No comments: