Friday, June 24, 2011

Doll Dress made out of a wedding gown


Machine Washed and Dried with Oxyclean and Detergent



I used an 18" doll dress pattern and changed the sleeves and collar. The collar of the doll dress is made from the original collar of the wedding gown dress. The hat is made from the original hat.  I could not get the pill box hat to stay on her head.  So I had to keep it on  by sticking a straight pin into the doll head.  The original "model" is my doll but then I got her a Madame Alexander doll that I thought looked more Italian :)








In her new home


Making progress :)

I went to the Smithsonian Museum of American History the other day and saw this needlepoint frame.  Look at how this is designed.  Unlike the frame I use, this one doesn't look like it would loosen up and require the stitcher to constantly keep rolling and tightening the screws.    I like it :)

I'm making progress on my Christmas project.  I stitched the finish date first....but no pressure :)