Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Only 363 Days Till Christmas !!!


Never too soon to be thinking about next year.  I'm warning all of you. Because of the upcoming move, I did not decorate this year.  It nearly killed me!!! I thought I'd have to check myself into Betty Ford for Christmas-aholics.  My room will be the one with the wreath on the door :)  I felt like a football player who made it to the Super Bowl only to get stuck warming the bench!!!  Christmas is the Super Bowl of all holidays and I wanted to play coach!!!  We'd be driving around town running our errands and when I'd see a really nicely decorated house or a Christmas tree in the front window, I'd let out a pathetic little sigh. My husband would laugh and say "next year sweetie, next year."  Don't "sweetie" me...Get me a tree :)   We went to the local nursery where they had these awesome Christmas displays set up by themes...I wanted to bring a sleeping bag and stay there until New Year's Day.   

So next year we will be in a different house who knows exactly where.  Being a military wife, even a newly retired military wife, is like being part gypsy.  I'll be making another house feel like home but I look forward to the new decorating possibilities.  I plan on starting the Christmas Bowl 2012 on Halloween.  I'll be the lady wearing a Mrs. Santa costume handing out candy canes :) Sure let the future new neighbors think a lunatic moved into the neighborhood.  They are bound to learn soon enough :)  I ordered two sets of the Hoffman metallic fat quarters from Keepsake Quilting.  Could not decide between the gold pack or the colorful pack so I got both :)  I didn't order them early enough so it was my own fault I couldn't put them into this year's quilts.  They were sold out and back ordered.  Other Christmas-aholics got them :)  But I have them now and visions of Christmas quilts and stockings are dancing in my head.   

Next on my list of things to do:  Petition XM radio for a year long Christmas Station :) 

2 comments:

Rilly said...

Good luck in your new adventure. There have been a few times I've loved the thought of moving...being in construction you sometimes have to follow the work...and I could do something new. I used to wish I was rich so I could have lots of houses for all my ideas. Now I'm content in one place. Happy New Year!

Kalpesh said...

This article is wonderful as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed.I am thankful as i got your article when was searching Cornhole Bags