Monday, December 26, 2011

Another insane long term project started!!

Using up leftover sock yarn for this one.  It's called the Beekeeper's Quilt and it's basically hexagon two sided pockets you stuff with a poly-fil and turn into a blanket. 
Here is the picture on the cover of the pattern.  Way cool.  Saw it and thought I had to make one of these.

And this is what I've done so far. The first hexagon.  If I get bored with doing these or I don't think I'll live long enough to make it bed size, I'll make it for the cat or dog :) I'm not really planning on buying yarn specifically for this project.  Just want to use up left over yarn from socks I make....yeah this could take a while. 

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

I have the pattern but am trying hard to resist this one. I have the mitered square sock blanket going and would really like to finish it first. Love what you are doing.

Celtic Heart said...

Oh the mitered square....you're good. I thought I wanted to make the Crayon Jacket that had those in it.....I saw it on a model thin woman in the local yarn shop and got it into my brain that I should make one for me :) I gave a couple of those mitered squares a try and thought....I can just admire it on her :)