Here is a picture from the Dress A Girl Around the World Website of some of the girls wearing the pillow case dresses. They are collecting dresses now for orphans in Haiti. Tomorrow I need to crank out a few more.
The floral print dress was made out of an extra large pillow case. Will hopefully fit a tall girl. The blue dress was made with a Ralph Lauren pillow case I found at Marshalls. A set of pillow cases cost $7.50. That's only $3.25 per dress :) It has a very deep hem at the bottom if the dress ever has to be lengthened. The pillow case has enough color and interest that it didn't need a pocket or any additional fabric added to it. The cream colored dress below it was the first dress I made. Found the pillow case in a clearance bin at K-Mart. :) Because it was very plain, I added the lady bug fabric to the bottom hem and put a pocket on the front. Information about this charity can be found at: http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/ Directions on how to make these dresses is also at that website.