Sunday, April 11, 2010

Maple Glazed Carrot Recipe

Had to figure out what to do with the bag of fresh carrots in the bottom of the fridge.  Made this today.
It turned out really good and I'd make them again.

Ingredients:
1 lb. carrots sliced into 1/8 to 1/4" coins
3 T. of maple syrup/pancake syrup (And contrary to the rumor, I do NOT tap into the trees in my backyard and make my own syrup.  Mrs. Butterworth or Aunt Jemima can do that for me Pam :)) 
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 T. butter or margarine




Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a large skillet.
Add the carrot slices.
Boil until tender crisp.
Drain.
Dry the pan.
Return the carrots to the pan and add the syrup, cinnamon and butter/margarine. 
Bring to a boil and stir constantly until the glaze thickens.
Serve immediately. 

1 comment:

vivian said...

I gotta try it, seemed better than mine.
after one more stitch... :)
vivian