Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Really Ugly Quilts

"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiams." Winston Churchill

"Creativity is allowing yourelf to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." Scott Adams




I took a class at the Flying Geese Quilt Shop in Irvine, CA in 1986. The instructor asked me what color I wanted my quilt to be and I told her "peach". She asked me what other color and I told her "just peach". I think she whimpered. But it was the mids 80s in Southern CA and everything was peach and seafoam green. I wasn't daring enough to add the seafoam green :) The quilting lines are so dark and heavy, it was like I was trying to engrave the quilt :) Twenty plus years later, the marks still won't come out. I also didn't know how to turn a corner with the binding back then so I just whacked off the ends and whip stitched it together. Ooopss :)

More ugly quilts coming soon. I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures of them. :)

No comments: