Sunday, December 14, 2008

Knitting

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either." Famous knitter and book author Elizabeth Zimmerman

I've been knitting since the second grade where at the ripe age of 7, I started a knitting group at lunch time. We made Sister Sean Marie a blanket which I'm sure she quickly threw out :) Our group did not discriminate either. Boys were allowed. Well only one wanted to hang out with us and we let him. His mother wanted to know how he got all the pencil marks on his uniform shirt and he told her he knits with pencils at lunch time. I'm sure Mrs. Thomas started to worry a little.

But just because I've knitted a long time doesn't mean I'm really wonderful at it. Only recently I've improved my skills. Just ask my brother Brian. I made him a sweater he claimed to love even though he had to roll up the right sleeve 4 times and the left sleeve six times.



It was my turn to make one of the monthly mini raffle projects for the December quitl guild. I knitted this Lacey Vee scarf. Made out of cashmere, silk and merino yarn. Found the pattern on the internet.

http://www.twinwillowsfarm.com/lacy_v_scarf.html






Knit from the neck down pattern. Easy.




My nephew John wearing the sweater and hat I made him this year. Unfortunately the hat is a little big because his head is freakishly small for his age :)

No comments: