Sunday, December 14, 2008

Appliqued Quilts

"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He work works with his hands, his head and his heart is an artist." St. Francis of Assissi



Hand appliqued, machine pieced, hand quilted.









Made in the late 80s/early 90 and was featured in "Quilt" magazine.




















The fabric rep came into the quilt shop with 3" swatches of Country Threads' latest line. The shop owner was going to throw them out after she placed her order but I asked her if I could use them. This is the quilt I made out of the swatches.























Another wall hanging hidden away in a trunk. :)





























I sent this one into the Pidgeon Forge Quilt Show in Tennessee. Hand appliqued, hand quilted, embellished with tiny glass beads and pearls.

















Hand appliqued and hand quilted. I don't know why I make wall hangings. I rarely hang them on the walls.

No comments: