Monday, November 28, 2016

Two At A Time Toe Up Socks

Two at a time toe up sock class.  Heel is Sweet Tomato and the yarn is Online Supersocke

Blogger is making it near impossible to type a post without all sorts of problems.  This blog may be coming to an end if the problems don't get fixed.  If anyone knows of a reliable blog app, I welcome opinions.  Any info on how to transfer a blog would be appreciated too.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

More cabled gauntlets

This pair was made using yarn from my friend Cheryl's flock.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Baby Quilt

Irish Chain baby quilt.  Short and sweet.  Blogger still messed up.  

Monday, November 14, 2016

Christmas Knitting

Thanksgiving Gift

Near impossible to type on Blogger.  Keeping it short and sweet. Here it is.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Fur fun

Faux Fur Fun :).  Can't add a title to the post. Blogger is messed up.


Two at a time toe up class.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fur Hat

Fur trimmed hat.  3 hours.  Cost 1.99 

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Halloween Socks

Finished these on the plane Sunday.  Socks Wizard pattern.  Miss Babs yarn. Taking a two at a time toe up class at a local yarn shop/quilt shop next week.  Something is really screwed up with Blogger.  It keeps kicking me off after typing just a couple of words.  Ugh.  Type two words, save, type two words, save.  Double Ugh.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Reyna Shawl

Done just in time. We fly out tomorrow for the wedding. Better pictures soon. 
Did I remember to take a good picture of the shawl from behind when I was actually wearing it?  No.  

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Hunger Games Katniss

Katniss Hunger Games Cowl
Pattern by Phyl Phil on Etsy.  One night to knit up. Would make a really easy Halloween costume :)

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Halloween Mummy

Got this pattern at Keepsake Quilting.  It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be.  Made using torn strips of white denim and the body is stuffed with a pillow form.  It took an afternoon to make him.  

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Scrappy Rail Fence

The outgoing piles is getting higher :)  

Doing another one of my Facebook quilt giveaways just among my friends who are proudly in Hillary (the bitch) Clinton's "basket of deplorables".  I pick a "deplorable's" name on Saturday night and one of my fellow "deplorables"will be getting this quilt.  The pattern is Rail Fence and the quilt is totally scrappy.  Considering the way the country is going now, we should probably all start planning on how to make our future bunkers beautiful and our compounds cozy.  

Monday, September 26, 2016

Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival

Went to the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival on Saturday.  It took us three hours of mostly back roads and non-interstate driving to get there and the weather was just perfect.  We were passing through four states in 3 hours.  :)  The show was fantastic!  I liked it much more than the NY Sheep and Wool Festival which I think is just too insane with the crowds. Not quite as big as Maryland Sheep and Wool but bigger than NH Sheep and Wool.  

She's protecting her Caleesi or maybe her Caleesi's yarn stash :) 

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Halloween PIllow

I did the counted cross stitch last year and put the pillow together today. Made the back out of two pieces with binding on both horizontal edges.  Then I just stitched around all four sides of the pillow and turned it inside out.  Stash busting and a lot cheaper than having it framed too :)  I made the front and back 1/2" bigger than the size of the pillow to allow 1/4" seam allowance.  Think I'll be finishing some Christmas stitcheries the same way. 

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

On a downsizing roll.....

I've discovered selling stuff via the town's Facebook yard sale pages.  In two days, I got rid of $100.00 worth of crap...oops did I say crap...I meant "treasures". :)  Priced to move it out :)  The antique oak desk I sold for more than I bought it for.  It was cute but just something getting in the way.....On a roll getting rid of gifts I never liked, used or wanted.  The wreath made some young woman happy.  Her mother is a Thomas Kincaid fan so she got that for 25% for what it was selling for on Ebay.  Enjoy and here ya go :) The best part is you don't waste a Saturday afternoon dragging all your crap....oops I meant merchandise....out into the driveway and having strange people showing up two hours before you ever wanted them there arguing that they want to buy everything you have to sell for five dollars.   

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Patriotic Small Quilt

Ufo finished.  Blocks made by numerous people.  It's so old I'm not really sure which block I made. I think top left in the bottom picture.  Done...moving on. :)

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ready for Fall Sweater

I'm ready for fall.  Finished blocking this today.  The yarn is Malabrigo Rio. The color is Volcan.  The pattern is by Diane Sousy of Knitting Pure & Simple.  The name of the pattern is Top Down Trapeze Pullover.  Super easy and well written pattern.  Her patterns are the best.  It's a very long tunic with 3/4 sleeves.  The increases are at the sides and the sides are longer than the front and back. It is knit from the top down.  No seaming when you are done.  A really good pattern for beginner sweater knitter.